How to Buy Crypto with Axis Bank in India

Last updated on January 15, 2024

Quick Summary: While Axis Bank does not offer cryptocurrency trading through its own platform, you can make use of your account to purchase crypto through a third-party exchange.

There are a lot of India cryptocurrency exchanges to pick from, but we suggest using the Binance.

They offer the majority of most well-known cryptocurrencies and are simple to use. They have lots of advanced features but are also great for beginners.

Axis Bank Homepage

As mentioned in my quick summary, like most India banks, Axis Bank doesn’t allow users to trade cryptocurrency directly on their platform, due to the complexities with setting up a crypto exchange and comes with regulations and extra work for the banks.

Thankfully there are many crypto exchanges to pick from that allow you to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Once you’ve signed up to a crypto exchange (in our example I’ll be using Binance as it’s a highly trusted and global exchange), you can easily move money from your bank account to the trading platform., and exchange it for a variety of cryptocurrencies.

How to buy crypto or bitcoin with Axis Bank

Let’s get started! Just follow our 4 quick steps.

1. Pick a cryptocurrency trading platform

As mentioned above, I’ll be using Binance for this guide as they are a widely used exchange and have a huge range of cryptocurrencies to choose from. It’s also one of the best exchanges for beginners and allows more advanced features when you get more comfortable with trading.

The steps in this guide should be similar for most trusted crypto exchanges, so feel free to use whichever you end up going with.

Let’s get started!

2. Create account with the trading platform

You’ll first need to create an account if you haven’t already, you can do using this quick link below.

Sign Up With Binance

Once you’ve filled out the basic information you’ll be asked for KYC (Know Your Customer) information, this is normal for crypto exchanges to stop any bad activity. This will often be called the “verification” process.

3. Fund your account

Next, you’ll need to add funds to your account using any of their deposit methods. For Binance there are many options such as bank transfer, PayPal, credit/debit card, and many more.

4. Buy cryptocurrency

Lastly, you’ll need to go to the “trade” section, this will differ for each exchange but it will usually have some variation of this.

It’s that easy! You’ve now got the tools to buy your first cryptocurrency with Axis Bank.

Buy Crypto With Binance

About Axis Bank

Axis Bank Limited, formerly called UTI Bank (1993-2007), is an Indian banking and financial services firm headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It provides financial services to mid-sized and large firms, small- and mid-size companies.

At the time of writing, 30 June 2016 30.81 percent of shares were owned by promoters as well as their group (United India Insurance Company Limited Oriental Insurance Company Limited, National Insurance Company Limited, New India Assurance Company Ltd, GIC, LIC and UTI). The remaining 69.19 percent of shares are held by mutual funds FIIs and banks. corporations, insurance companies and individuals.

At the time of writing on 12 August 2016 the institution operated an extensive network of branches with 4,096 branches and extension counters, as well as 12,922 ATMs.

Axis Bank has the largest ATM network of private banks in India. It also has an ATM in one of the highest ATMs in Thegu, Sikkim at a elevation of 4,023 metres (13,200 feet) over sea level.

There are nine offices across the world that have branches in Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai (at the DIFC), Shanghai, Colombo and representative offices in Dhaka, Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, which focus on trade finance and syndication, as well as business in investment banking and other liability. In addition to these banks, it also is present in the UK through its wholly-owned affiliate Axis Bank UK Limited.

The bank provides lending services to small and individual businesses and individuals as well as cards, liability products, Internet banking, automated machine for teller (ATM) services depository financial advisory services and non-resident Indian (NRI) service. Axis bank is one of the banks that is included on the RBI’s NEFT listed of banks with a participation in the list.